Exploring Computer Science as a Fresher
Written by: Krhero
- Hackerearth : I used it only to practice the basics on how to write efficient code during a contest and how you implement certain algorithms in a faster and time efficient manner. I suggest you move ahead quickly after learning basic stuff.
- Codeforces : This is my To-Go platform for Competitive Programming as it hosts contests almost 2–3 times a week. Also, it will introduce to a more strict judging environment.
- CPAlgorithms : This is my favourite website for learning all the algorithms on a single website. I really thank the contributors for doing an awesome job creating a pit-stop for algorithm lovers.
- GeeksforGeeks : I referred this more for some basic insight on algorithms and data structures.
- Guide to Competitive Programming by Antti Laaksonen : It’s an exquisite book that teaches coding in a competitive perspective.
- Google Contests : Google hosts a plethora of coding contests during a year some of which are Google Kickstart, Google Codejam, Google Hashcode and Google Codejam for Women. These are really fun to participate and learn. Also, it gives you a chance to get selected for an interview call based on your performance.
- Facebook Hackercup : This is an event hosted by Facebook wherein there are 3 rounds along with a qualifying round. Coders are expected to solve a certain number of problems to advance to the next round. It’s conducted once in a year and is worth watching out for.
- ACM ICPC : Association for Computing Machinery is an organisation that holds its own Global coding event known as International Collegiate Programming Contest for university students. It’s something that all competitive coders look out for. Do check it out for more information on it’s registration deadlines, event dates and round venues.
- Apart from many such major events, there are also minor events conducted on certain Platforms such as Codechef, Codeforces, Hackerrank, Hackerearth and Atcoder which allows you to push yourself further.
Machine Learning, Image Processing, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Cyber Security and Capture the Flag contests
UI/UX Designing and Wireframing